ENG 162 Fall 2013

ENG 162 at Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor ME, taught by John A. (Don't ever, ever ask!) Goldfine johngoldfine@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Vignette of the week (so far):

Three of them sitting there in complete silence... 

Three of them sitting there in complete silence... 
The pages of the newest Uncle Henry's rustle beneath his oil stained hands. She's tucked in on the other side of the couch, patting Troubles as she squints down at the hand bound cookbook in her lap. And then there's me, coming in from the kitchen with two steaming mugs in my hand. As I place them on the table, he looks up and winks. She flashes the smile that I fear I'll forget. I settle into the space between them and sit with them in complete silence, and that's perfectly okay with me.

--Savannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com
Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com